Welcome, Wilkommen, Bien Venue
Dear Parents and Families,
It is very exciting to be entrusted with the education of some of the brightest and most impressive young children of this beautiful world. DATUS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL – BUBIASHIE is a thriving, motivating and purposeful place built on an ethos which dwells significantly on OUR enduring values-INNOVATION INTEGRITY PURPOSEFULNESS ACCOUNTABILITY TRUST & HARD WORK. Examination success, whilst an impressively notable feature of the school’s reputation, is really just part of the picture of children’s intellectual, physical and social development throughout their time at our school. Indeed, a love of learning and a passion for the greatness of the past, the dynamism of the present and the opportunities of the future remain essential to the daily life of the students.
We offer an all-inclusive education where our dedicated staff are committed to the education of every child, and to teaching methods based on good educational research. Staff care about their students – our school has a family atmosphere, and we provide a supportive environment, in which students can excel. We also offer a wide range of artistic, cultural, sporting, career and service opportunities.
We are proud of our tradition of producing independent, often pioneering young children with the drive and confidence to make the most of opportunities and to make a difference in the world. One of the chief delights of being involved with DATUS students is to witness and be part of their inexhaustible thirst for GREATNESS, perhaps the key facet of our collective intellectual life.
Principal – Accra Branch (Bubiashie)
Ms Sarah Ansah
Overview: We are a registered school by the Ministry of Education in Ghana operating the National Curriculum and the International Curriculum of the IB and Cambridge. We opened our doors to only 12 pupils on June 12, 1962.
The school was founded by the Late Raphael Addoayi Dowetin also known in private life as (Togbui Kwaku Amenyodu I), to serve the needs of the children in the community of Accra and of those families who are attracted by the unique Bi-lingual character of the school and who share its philosophy and objectives.
We have contributed immensely to the education of children both local and international. We have recently successfully embarked on the journey to become a recognized Cambridge IGCSE and an IB World School beginning with our sister branch of schools in Tema.
With the National Curriculum (BECE/WASSCE), PYP, IGCSE, our students are following internationally recognized courses with external validation.
The school is recognized with the College Board for SAT/ACT/PSAT and also a member of the IB Organization and fully accredited by the Ghana Education Service, as an IB Candidate school, ASPS, NAIS,ACSI,SSATB, AAIE to name a few.
Our ultra modern boarding facilities have accommodated several successful alumni serving as a home away from home for all our Datus children. We instill discipline with our academic work and in-school boarding training.
The language of instruction is English and we also offer French, Mandarin (for lower classes) and Arabic. The school is proud of its inclusive ethos. We see diversity as a strength and Datus is definitely a school that has the most diverse community of learners in Ghana.
Motto: Knowledge is Power
Vision: Educating children to become independently thinking, globally, socially conscious, innovative, communicative and happy young individuals
- To be recognized by the success of our students in achieving their personal goals using multidisciplinary learning opportunities, developing their full potential, individualism, and creative mindsets.
- To aspire to the highest internationally recognised performance standards
- To build and respect a culture based on internationalism
- To focus on challenge, critical thinking, social emotional development, self-actualisation, and welfare
- Το embrace and cultivate the giftedness and uniqueness of all learners
- To promote an appreciation of the Ghanaian Culture
- To be curious, self-reflect and act in a caring and positive manner towards everyone in future life
- To develop self-belief and transformative leadership and entrepreneurship skills
Values – IIPATH
Innovation Integrity Purposefulness Accountability Trust Hard work
Image Cost Enrolment Engage
Our Primary and Junior High School Curriculum prepares our students for the Basic Education Certificate of Examination (B.E.C.E) of the West African Examinations Council (W.A.E.C)
- Integrated Studies
- Ghanaian Language
- Social Studies
- Leadership & Organizational Skills
JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL CURRICULUM
- General Science
- Social Studies
- Basic Design and Technology
- Religious and Moral Education
7:30am – 3:00pm Mondays – Fridays (Primary)
7:30am – 3:45pm except Fridays (JHS)
- Providing a solid foundation for transformational leadership through research, teaching and learning
- Enhancing the commitment of staff and students to the centrality of diversity, social justice and democratic citizenship
- Promoting effective and efficient management of the institution, and sustaining a caring, supportive climate for all and sundry.
To encourage intellectual diversity, risk taking, curiosity, creativity, independence of thought and effective learning habits within a supportive, innovation and ambitious learning environment. We instill good discipline and a lifelong love for learning.